A: The Toolkit is designed specifically for VARs, MSPs, MSSPs and other IT services companies that sell outsourced IT services and support and want to know how to implement a marketing plan for their business that is based on 20+ years of research, testing and experience.
The majority of our clients are MSPs, but many also sell break-fix IT services, block hours and IT projects, co-managed IT, cyber security services, phone systems, cloud solutions, print management and an array of IT-related solutions. Some are also selling computer support to home users in a retail store.
A small percentage of clients are NOT pure MSPs or IT services firms; they are selling IT staffing, application development, leased office equipment, etc., and come to us because they want to build a more profitable and robust managed IT services division – and we help them with that.
The majority of our new clients are under $5 million in revenue. However, our higher-level members are in the $5 to $20 million range, with a few who are $40+ million.
Bottom line: our clients range in size, years in business, location and predominant business model – and the Toolkit has helped them all to secure more and better-quality clients. We’ve had brand-new start-ups use the program with great success, as well as several multimillion-dollar IT firms that have been in business for 20+ years. That’s because the program is designed to help you build a marketing plan based on YOUR specific goals, YOUR specific target market, YOUR specific resources and YOUR specific situation, resources and ambition.
A: The Toolkit is a membership service (not just a product) that consists of three main parts:
1. IT Marketing Templates: For the past two decades, we’ve been developing, testing and refining marketing campaigns to sell IT services and support for a wide variety of companies, from start-ups to well-established MSPs. This includes campaigns to sell managed IT services (MSPs), cyber security solutions, co-managed IT, network upgrades and projects, phone systems, cloud solutions, backup and disaster recovery and more. These templates are all “cut-and-paste” and extremely easy to use. We’ve taken the hard part out of writing the content so you don’t have to. Further, these campaigns are tested and refined by hundreds of our members, so you know they work.
Important: We are media-agnostic, which means we aren’t trying to sell you on using one particular type of marketing MEDIA (SEO, Facebook ads, LinkedIn prospecting, telemarketing, etc.). We believe a marketing plan needs to incorporate ALL of these, based on the specific client you are trying to attract. To that end, our program contains templates for ALL different media; the only three we don’t give you templates for are radio, TV and billboards. That said, you could modify any number of the other templates to suit those purposes.
2. “How-To” Marketing Blueprints And Campaigns: One of the things that distinguishes us from all other marketing firms is our proprietary approach to building and implementing a working marketing plan for an IT services business. We don’t just give you templates – we SHOW you exactly how to implement the various campaigns we have. We show you what good marketing is, how to avoid common pitfalls and mistakes, in what order to use the campaigns and how to be strategic in your marketing efforts, not just tactical. We also give you the exact blueprints for their implementation so you can avoid a lot of wasted time and money on failed attempts.
We also provide BRAND-NEW campaigns and “how-to” blueprints MONTHLY on a variety of topics, including how to price your services, NEW social media strategies (since they’re constantly changing), NEW approaches to packaging, pricing and selling cyber security solutions, hiring and managing a sales and marketing team, online reviews, negotiating with tough prospects and DOZENS of additional programs that are available 24/7/365 in our on-demand library.
3. Community Support: Another BIG benefit to joining our program is the support, answers and help you’ll get from other members. New clients tell us this is often the biggest (and, to many, most surprising) benefit of the entire program – that’s because they typically buy to get a marketing plan in place, but then realize the support and answers they get from our unique community is far more valuable. YOU WILL NOT BE LEFT TO FIGURE THIS OUT ON YOUR OWN! We have a member QUE (forum) where you can post any question and get answers from us and other members. We offer monthly Q&A calls and a client concierge who can help you at any time.
A: Simply because it’s not a static program. Every month we add BRAND-NEW marketing campaigns, templates and resources, as well as providing monthly Q&A calls with Robin where you can join and talk directly to her, monthly webinars on NEW marketing strategies and livecasts with successful members on what they are doing to package, price and sell more high-profit services, as well as ongoing access to the QUE (member forum). We also update the Toolkit sessions frequently to ensure you’re always getting the most up-to-date strategies.
As a member you’ll also get two tickets to every annual Boot Camp and Fall Roadshow event. If you cannot attend in person, you can secure your spot virtually, or combine the in-person with virtual for your team back home.
A: There are several things that make us unique. You might find another marketing firm that can say yes to one or two of these things, but not to all of them.
1. We ONLY do marketing for VARs, MSPs and companies selling outsourced IT support and services. We’re specialists who understand the unique challenges you face, how your business operates, what you sell, the specific marketing and sales problems you have and the difficulty of unseating an incumbent provider, getting clients to see the value in what you do and dealing with price objections.
2. Our methods are based on two decades of in-the-trenches experience in working with over 10,000+ IT services companies from around the globe. That means we aren’t learning on your dime; WE KNOW WHAT WORKS better than anyone else you can find.
3. We have more documented client success stories than any other marketing consultant in this industry, period. If you care about tangible, measurable RESULTS, you’ll want to work only with us. Remember, the most expensive and damaging advice in the world is WRONG advice.
4. Our program is VENDOR- and MEDIA-agnostic; that means we aren’t biased to recommend a particular approach, vendor or media (fiduciary vs. salesperson).
5. Our delivery model is radically unique from that of other marketing consultants and agencies, which allows us to charge only a FRACTION of the cost for the deliverables, support, templates and value delivered. That’s because other agencies are glorified, overpriced fulfillment companies, NOT strategists – and they don’t TEACH you what good marketing is because they aren’t doing it themselves. (When was the last time you got a MARKETING campaign from another supposed marketing firm? If they won’t do it for themselves, how can they do it for YOU?)
A: A core belief we have is this: if you can’t make money without money, you can’t make money with money either. Our 4-Week Fast Start program (included with the Toolkit) is a series of easy-to-implement campaigns you can execute at $0 cost. We’ll show you how to get referrals, generate “hidden” money in your client base with upsells and cross-sell promotions, how to use strategic partners to get clients for free and how to make everything you do BETTER so you get a higher return on any marketing investment or activity.
Once you get beyond that start, what you need to spend on marketing depends on a number of factors, such as your specific goals, the resources you have, whether or not you have a list of prospects and clients (or are just a start-up), who your target market is, etc.
Bottom line: You don’t need to spend thousands of dollars to get value from the Toolkit or to use the strategies we provide. Yes, some will require an investment – but there are plenty of other moneymaking ideas you can use right out of the box.
A: Most of our clients DON’T have a marketing manager yet (over 60%) or someone to help them implement when they first come to us – which is perfectly okay and not a detriment to getting started with your marketing plan or seeing value from the Toolkit.
Further, this is a C-level coaching program, so you WILL need to be involved with its implementation. For example, who you select as your target market and what your USP (unique selling proposition) needs to be are not decisions for a marketing manager or admin. They are critical STRATEGIC business decisions that YOU, the CEO, need to ultimately make. Understanding the core principles is also important since these are money decisions and market intelligence YOU as the OWNER of the company need to know.
We do provide some Done-For-You marketing services (list cleaning and building, newsletters, websites, Google PPC, social media posting, etc.) that you might want to purchase later on.
And finally, when you are ready to hire a marketing manager, administrator or intern to help you, we actually have lessons and blueprints for what to look for, how to interview them, how to compensate them and how to manage them for maximum productivity.
A: That depends entirely on YOU – specifically, how quickly and aggressively you implement, what specific goals you’re trying to achieve (add a few clients vs. add $10 million in revenue) and what you consider “done.”
The reality is that you’re never really “done” marketing. It’s not a checklist of things you complete one time and forget about. So, on one hand, I could say this program could take you forever to implement because 1) there’s a lot of depth and breadth to the program and we’re constantly evolving and adding to it, and 2) if you have honest ambition to grow, you’re going to constantly be working on improving and expanding your marketing plan. IT’S NOT A STATIC ASSET, nor is our program. It’s constantly evolving, expanding and being updated as the market, trends, social media and other communication methods change.
Candidly, the people who have the most success with this program understand that marketing is not a “department” but incorporated into everything they do. How you answer the phone, how your techs interact with clients, the frequency and content of communication to your clients, how you conduct a sales meeting, the content you routinely post on your LinkedIn profile and social media pages and what the prospect sees before you even show up. Therefore, it could be argued that you can (should?) spend 40 hours a week on “marketing.” I realize that’s NOT realistic.
Ideally, you need to invest three to four hours a week to get started. But, like everything in life, you’ll get out of it what you put into it.
Let me be crystal clear: This is NOT a flash-in-the-pan “get rich quick” program. This is a program for serious entrepreneurs with honest ambition who are willing to put in time and effort to grow their IT business and are mature enough to realize this is going to require dedication and time. We don’t sit well with the “no work” crowd.